So i have determined a little about what my project is going to require, so I’ve assembled a list of things that i will need along my way.
- A multimeter, a good general purpose DVM should work fine.
- Breadboard, jumper wires, and associated tools. (For this I am thinking about some soft of digital analog trainer, perhaps the one offered by Elenco.
- A project box, with some soft of breakout for a wiring harness (similar to an ATX powersupply wiring harness.)
- A relay bank (one will be needed for each Zone that my Alarm system will support.)
- A 12V power supply and battery backup system.
- A few simple alarm sensors (Motion, Door/Window, Break Sensor, Smoke Detector, CO Detector)
- Wiring and a PCB for all the circuitry
- Miscellaneous resistors and other components.
With my list in hand I am off to SkyCraft tommorow to pick up the goods.