So I just recently spun up a new virtual machine to do some Commerce Server 2009 R2 work. Did all my standard installation work, everything seemed good.
Then when I went to view the site, I get the following error:
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: User DOMAINUSERNAME is not authorized for the operation CommerceQueryOperation_CommerceClaim . Please open CommerceEntityAuthorizationStore.xml in Authorization Manager and add the user to CommerceClaimRole AssignmentsCommerceQueryOperation.
The site was returning a 500 error, and this was all that was given in the event log. Since I needed a quick fix, this is only a development machine you know.
I turned to the channel configuration file, there is a new element called CommerceAuthorization, it was set to required.
Simply make the change here to Disabled, and the error will disappear…
Here is where to find the CommerceAuthorization element in the ChannelConfiguration.Config file.