For the past week, ending on Friday, I was in Atlanta training with the SiteCore team. I’m now certified on an exciting product, SiteCore XP (Experience Platform) 8. With the aquisiton of the Commerce Server line, and now Commerce Server being directly integrated with Commerce Server, I though this certificaiton and training would be worth it. The link for the training is here: SiteCore Certified Developer.
I had a great experience in the class, the instructor was great, not those typical boring geek guys, but he kept the material relevant and the class moving.
As I start working with the SiteCore / Commerce Server platform more, I will start adding additional posts about my experiences. So now, i’m a SiteCore Certified Developer, lets get to it.
The course included the following key topics:
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
• Understand the concepts and terminology surrounding Sitecore’s data infrastructure
• Understand the concepts relating to how Sitecore builds the presentation layer
• Understand the relationship between field types, raw values, Content Editor user controls, field classes, and web controls
• Retrieve, create, and update data in Sitecore according to recommend practices
• Build presentation components that support both editing and designing in Experience Editor
• Create conditional renderings rules that afford real-time personalization content
• Utilize the native search API and configure indexes