I have run accross this error many times, i would say about 90% of the time a good old IISRESET clean up the issue. However not this time. An exception occurred in the ‘ProfilesWebService’ Web service. Exception details follow: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0×80004005): Unspecified error at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Interop.Profiles.ProfileServiceClass.Initialize(String sConfigStore, String sCatalog) at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Profiles.WebService.ProfilesWebService.get_ProfileServicePIA() at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Profiles.WebService.ProfilesWebService.NewProfileStorage() at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Profiles.WebService.ProfilesWebService.CreateProfile(XmlElement& profileXml, Boolean inAdapterContext) I’m not sure why I did this or how it happened, but the error seemed to be caused and was ultimately fixed when I changed the profile partition data provide from OleDb to Sql Native Client (something which i now know is unsupported). Simply changing it back to the OleDb provider fixed the issue. You do this through the commerce server manager, by expanding your profiles resource and opening your data sources, you’ll see the partitions listed in the window on the right.